Pages

05 December 2012

Bangkok City Hotel

One of my friends is in Bangkok for a holiday. I'm freaking envious. I wish I was in Bangkok. Oh well, 2 more months to wait.

Every time someone I know goes to Thailand, the first question I ask is: which hotel are you staying at? In this case, the hotel is Bangkok City Hotel.

The rooms look decent. The prices are great and their website offers the same prices as Agoda. That said, Agoda offers 5-7% off to holders of many credit cards in Singapore, e.g. DBS.

The hotel even has family rooms, which certainly makes it easier than all those hotels where the maximum occupancy is just 2 adults. I will certainly keep it in mind for any trips involving the mother-in-law.

Free breakfast, free WiFi, free car park, it's all good. Although I'd never rent a car in the middle of Bangkok. My friend says there's plenty of food stalls nearby, it's always nice to grab a little snack just before going back to the hotel for the night.

My only gripe (and it's a major one) with this hotel is the location. The hotel's website says it's 10 minutes' walk from the nearest BTS, Ratchathewi Station. Looking at the map, I'd say that's probably closer to 15 minutes. It's a big problem for me as the location would completely stop my mid-afternoon breaks back at my hotel.